The Andrews Presbyterian Church was organized in 1897, the very first church organized by the newly formed Asheville Presbytery. The present church building was built in 1897 on land donated for that purpose by the Andrews Development Company. In 1959 the Fellowship Hall and Education Building was built. In 1968 the manse was completed and in 1976 the church building was completely renovated on the inside, retaining the “landmark” appearance of the building on the outside, and the roofed walkway was built, connecting the Sanctuary and the Fellowship Hall. In 1981 the exterior of the church was covered with vinyl-coated aluminum. In 1988 the church withdrew from the Presbyterian Church (USA) and joined the Presbyterian Church in America.